Jan 9, 2009

Muffin Quest

I stand there on the rooftop of the Pit. I feel its darkness reaching out to examine my own. I ignore it. I could not deal with its desires today. I find it ironic that the woman I was before did not have the easy grasp of white magic that the woman I am today does. I chatter with the shadow son that asks me what I am doing here, but my focus is inward. I had earlier sent out 3 members of the Shadows and a Prowler named Quiet to fill a sort of shopping list of ingredients that were need to preform a spell. It amused me to send them for ingredients to make muffins at the same time. "Welcome back Shaynee, looks like were almost ready"
Shaynee Xi grins at Devi "Good..." looks at Stra "sup Bro?"
Stralack Hayek looks up and then looks back down to Shaynee, "The sky....what else?"
I ignore the byplay between them and grab the cooler she has brought to me. Its contents will serve many purposes tonight. It is a step towards my long term goals, it will facilitate helping those I consider friends, and it will feed an appetite that grows stronger as the night progresses.
Shaynee Xi: Stra never took you for the smart ass type *wink* we should hang more often *looks to Quiet and giggles* but now... I got magics to do
I grab my ever present bag and draw out a shiny silken alter cloth. Laying it flat on the ground I smooth it out at the corners. "Quiet, would you please lay down here.. in the center?" Quiet Thunders swallows looking back to Shaynee" are you sure about all of this
Shaynee Xi: Yes Quiet it’s for the best *pats her head softly and helps her to lie down*
Quiet Thunders nods and slowly lays down
I reach inside the cooler and grab the salt to make an outline of a circle upon the ground then going upon one knee I drew out from my bag two bowls, a wooden spoon, a muffin tin, a small dull brown stone, a feather, a small bottle of water which I pour into a bowl and also a candle. With a small gesture I light the candle and start the spell.
Placing the stone on the North side of Quiet's body I chant as I do so
"Hail and welcome powers of the Earth
Powers of stability, security and fertility.
Bless my rite and protect this circle."
Quiet Thunders leans her head up a bit to see what is going on
I place the feather on the East side of Quiet still chanting, my eyes have started to glow and there is a sudden stillness to the air.
"Hail and welcome powers of Air
Powers of freedom, perception and thought
Bless my rite and protect this circle"

I place the candle on the South side of Quiet's body and my voice is now growing stronger, and I continue to chant.
"Hail and welcome powers of Fire
Powers of love, healing and nature
Bless my rite and protect this circle"
Shaynee Xi listening carefully watching ever move Devi makes around her Quiet, she smiles
Quiet Thunders her eyes a bit wider she looks up to Shaynee
Finally I take the bowl of water and putting the last element in to place sets it on the West side of the alter continuing to chant.
"Hail and welcome powers of Water
Powers of emotions, feelings, and dreams
Bless my rite and protect this circle."
Closing my eyes and drawing in a deep breath I slowly open them again. Gathering the flour, sugar, left over salt, oil, eggs and milk into a bowl. Mixing them gently to set the bowl down then reaching into my black bag to draw out a small vial of powder. Adding this to the bowl I stir then toss in a handful of the blueberries. In a separate bowl I mix together some of the sugar, a small portion of flour, butter and a dash of cinnamon. Pouring the contents of the first bowl into the muffin tin I then sprinkle the contents of the second bowl on top. Content with my work, I nod before placing a quick heating spell on the container. Setting it aside I now turn back to Quiet's body.

Quiet Thunders lets out a little whimper hearing all the noises of mixing going on
"Quiet do you desire to be changed, to metamorphosis into a new being imbued with the qualities of loyalty, strength, confidence and willpower that already reside within yourself? If so assent by saying I do"
Shaynee Xi watches as she whips up some magic and muffins at the same time, tummy begins to growl ... looks back at the volcano, wondering if Quiet would get too upset if she finished up the recipe, hears the whimper and smiles down at Quiet reassuring her everything is okay
Quiet Thunders: and love for my wife. if that as well then I do
I nod and drape the leopard print latex pants over her body “this will ensure your safety and protection and enhance your ability to protect others “I hesitate and add softly “I hope”
Shaynee Xi blinks "hope?"
I watch as Quiet repeats after me and her wife mouths the words as Quiet says them. I smile at Quiet in reassurance and assure her “Almost over" and afterwards there would be muffins..... Quiet shivers looking up to me… she questions me “there is more?” She seems to want to be finished with this ritual.
I place the white obsidian shard on Quiet's forehead so its properties will call out Quiet's natural self esteem and confidence, then the jade upon her pelvis hoping to evoke its nature affinity for loyalty, desire and faithfulness. Etching several symbols into the air, they glow with a silver sheen then fade away. Turning a third time to Quiet I once again asks "Quiet do you desire this change? If so say "I do"

Shaynee Xi licks her lips "mmmm muffins"
Quiet Thunders shiver feeling a charge in the air. she looks up at Devi and then to Shaynee and finally back to Devi" I ... I .. I hope this works. I do
I nod at her but I must be firm if this ritual is to be completed "Thou must acknowledge and say I do... or this will not work"
Shaynee Xi points to herself "I do?"
Distracted I stare at Shaynee for a moment then reply "Um no.. her... Quiet I mean... " I look nervously at the muffins and calculate how long till they will be done, they need to finish with the ritual to be bespelled properly
Quiet Thunders " um yes I want to be a good kitty again I do
I extend my hands towards the sky and draw out a thin silver wand. Raising it in the air I pause for a moment to breathe in the aroma of freshly baking blueberry muffins before tracing a symbolic circle around myself and Quiet and beginning another chant "The circle is cast. I am between the worlds, Beyond the bounds of time, Where night and day, birth and death, joy and sorrow, meet as one. The fire is lit, the ritual is begun. As I will it, perform the task at hand. So let it be done. So mote it be!"
Shaynee Xi looks down at Quiet with a grin and a nod
“All done Quiet, you can get up. " and quickly I remove the items on top of Quiet's body.
Quiet Thunders reaching her paws back she start pushing herself up. Suddenly she take in a deep breath of air and falls back to the roof. her head hitting it with a dull thud
Shaynee Xi smiles as she leans over to help her wifey up hoping this has fixed any problems for her. Shaynee Xi blinks "ummm" tilts her head then looks at Devi "what did you do to her?
I am a bit concerned watching her head boink and yet distracted by the muffins "Well, I just realigned her natural energies and attuned her 4th chakra "I shrug "Maybe her blood sugar is low?"
Quiet Thunders groaning she reaches a paw up slowly to the back of her head. " ouchis " she whimpers.
I gesture once to each of the four watch towers and then quickly gather up the materials used to cast the spell, scattering the circle I had cast with the salt. Going towards the muffin tin I gesture to remove the heating spell. "Muffins any one?"
Shaynee Xi nods with a grin "so that’s what the muffins are for" picks up Quiet and reaches for a muffin. Quiet Thunders whimpering a bit the poor kitten seems dazed and confused
I do not correct her impression, the muffins were bespelled to serve my own purposes but they would not hurt my friends. "Well... you should see the results in 4 to 6 hours.... have a muffin and um... try not to get wet for a little bit " my smile is fixed "Really bad idea to get her wet"
Shaynee Xi tilts her head and feeds her a muffin "what about feeding after midnight?"
Shaynee Xi smiles at Quiet giving a nose a kiss "Thanks Devi" she giggles
“It’s probably not a great idea..... Better eat that muffin quick" is my muffled reply as I go, snagging most of the muffins for further use and head off "See you in a few days!" This night went well, I have started to cement my bonds to some new friends and the muffins imbued with tonight’s energies will be useful in the near future. I will seek out an old friend, and see what happens.

Your will Dark Goddess,
My Desires.

No comments: